Thu, Aug 10|
Clergy Development Webinar
Six-week webinar entitled "The Ecology of Clergy Wellbeing" on developing practices and systems for clergy to flourish with Rev. Dr. Jeff Barker. Meets Thursdays from 6pm-7pm. Will not meet on September 7th.
Time & Location
Aug 10, 6:00 PM CDT – Sep 21, 7:00 PM CDT
About The EVENT
Recent research, conducted by the Flourishing in Ministry project, sought to understand key factors of a “clergy wellbeing ecosystem.” This ecosystem, when provided life-giving nutrients, increases the probability of clergy flourishing in the various dimensions of their lives. This webinar will 1) identify core characteristics of a clergy wellbeing ecosystem, 2) identify both invasive species that inhibit flourishing and important nutrients that enhance flourishing, and 3) explore how clergy wellbeing evolves through the seasons of life. The participants will be invited to identify their current “clergy ecosystem” and to develop strategies to fertilize their ecosystem for maximum flourishing. The webinar is appropriate for local church pastors, lay leaders, and district leaders.
The webinar will meet over Zoom on Thursdays from 6pm-7pm CDT. Class will not meet on September 7th.
Class Topics & Schedule
1. A Clergy Wellbeing Ecosystem: An Introduction - August 10th @ 6pm
2. Biotic Considerations: Relational Elements - August 17th @ 6pm
3. Abiotic Considerations: Contextual/ Environmental Elements - August 24th @ 6pm
4. Signs of Ecological Danger: Invasive Species - August 31st @ 6pm
5. Clergy Ecological Equilibrium: A Framework for Assessment - September 14th @ 6pm
6. Nurturing a Clergy Ecosystem: A Plan to Flourish - September 21st @ 6pm
Registration coming soon.